Victorian1885

Victorian1885

Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Beauty of Vintage Leaded Stained Glass





Today I am sharing some photos of the Vintage stained glass we have come across in The Netherlands.



Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam has so much beauty and I was drawn to the glass windows... anything shiny attracts my eye. 
;  )







I wish the photos showed more detail in the images but these are the best shots I could get.



These two photos were from windows in a Canal Home in Amsterdam.
"Willet Holthuysen Museum" is definitely worth a visit.




Below is from our visit to the Centraal Museum in Utrecht




Seeing all of the leaded stained glass has got me interested in designing it again. I had given away my tools when we downsized but may have to give it another thought. 
We have taken so many photos while we are here so I will post more about our exchange to The Netherlands soon. Thank you for your sweet comments.

Hugs
Wanda 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Wanda,
    Oh how beautiful! I'd love to visit there and see that lovely stained glass. Thanks for sharing.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous are these windows Wanda. Oh yes, you should start designing some again yourself. What a wonderful talent to have!
    I have really loved seeing all your photos of this most amazing country. Have another lovely week my friend.
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures of the stained glass, you have almost seen more of Amsterdam than we have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stain glass windows at the Rijksmuseum are beautiful. Forever I think they are magnificent anywhere where you see them. When you see beauty it is so inspiring, so it would be nice if you could pick up that hobby again!

    ReplyDelete