Victorian1885

Victorian1885

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

More Annie Sloan "Duck Egg"


Today I am joining Sandi @ Chintz Rose Cottage 
http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.ca
and Cindy @ Romantic Home
http://romantichome.blogspot.ca






My recent stop at a local Salvation Army thrift store was very exciting for me. 
I found this lovely mirror for our foyer and just knew I had to paint it "Duck Egg" to coordinate with our little table that was there.





This little table was purchased a few years ago at Winner's which is Canada's TJ Maxx.
The Annie Sloan chalk paint is such a nice match to the piece I just knew it would be perfect!


















Our area carpet in the foyer was purchased on a trip to North Dakota a few years ago and it looks great with these pieces. Don't you agree?












Thank you for stopping in today. Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs,

Wanda





9 comments:

  1. You found this gorgeous mirror at a thrift store???
    Wanda, you are such a lucky duck. Get it??? lucky duck-egg blue :))))))) It looks so pretty in your home. I haven't ever used AS paint and I think I'm the only blogger who hasn't. I just painted my dining chairs and it took me forever.
    hugs from me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda, thank you so much for your sweet comment about the tribute I did for my dear hubby. I appreciate it so much.
    Your mirror looks beautiful all painted with that pretty AS chalk paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wanda,
    Oh, that is so pretty! It looks fabulous with your table and the carpet. I love your toile stool too. A gorgeous vignette. Thank you for sharing at my HOME and enjoy the rest of your week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a terrific job. I have used alot of Cece Caldwell's paints and love the shabby chic look. Isn't your mirror lovely - and leaving the top of the "desk" natural looks nice too! Some warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog, I love the Victorian era, always illustrate my issues with oil paintings of painters of that time. It is gratifying to reach a site like yours with so many goodies.
    I'm a follower.
    A big kiss. I invite you to my site lujanfraix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    Wanda I love that you came to visit my blog Galatea of classic poems, I thank you wholeheartedly friend and I'm happy that you stayed. Would have liked because it has the closest style to everything beautiful you post you who had looked at my main blog, which has my name Lujan Fraix, lujanfraix.blogspot.com-'s why I always leave the address. A big kiss well, my gratitude for having taken the trouble to come. Hugs from Argentina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wanda,
    your mirror sure was a most lucky find and you chose the perfect color for it and your pretty table.
    i have a sample pot of ASCP in duck egg and i love it. your foyer is adorable.
    rita

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE LOVE LOVE AS paint! Makes my heart sing and my work easier!

    Beautiful mirror. SWOON!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so beautiful!And I really do love the way the rug matches.
    xo rachel

    ReplyDelete