Victorian1885

Victorian1885

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Tick Tock....


Tick Tock... Tick Tock... 
Welcome! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend..
Don't you just love the sound of an old Mantel clock? Tick Tock...




Time marches on.... it doesn't seem that long ago that our Ancestors used the coal oil lanterns for lighting their homes. 





We now only use our lanterns when we are experiencing a power outage.


Our Oak Mantel clock was a Family treasure passed down through the years. Made by The Sessions Clock Co. Forestville, Conn. USA. I can't make out the year on the paper label on the back but I would assume late 1800's or early 1900's. 





My leather bound book Danes-bury House written by Mrs. Henry Wood is one of my favourites. The second book is a Selections from 19th Century Poets.




Make sure you take the time to enjoy the beauty and wonder in your Lives ....
Tick..Tock...Tick Tock...


9 comments:

  1. Oh what beautiful treasures, Wanda. And thank you so much for your sweet comment--it meant so much to me.
    Love & hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often wonder how it must have been to read by the lantern or candlelight. I bet they went to bed much earlier than we do now! Love the old stack of books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wanda~I love your mantle clock!!! its beautiful!!! I wish they would still make such beautiful items today, like they did back them!

    xo~Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanda ~ I LOVE the sound of mantel clocks. We have a couple and their tick tock is so soothing. Love yours, it's a beauty ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best advice I've heard all day my friend. Your mantle clock is lovely and I bet it keeps perfect time too Wanda. Such a beautiful vignette.
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a love hate relationship with antique clocks. I have bought many through the years to sell and clock collectors are so particular, drives me insane. I never like to hear them tick, even though I love there beauty. I guess I am just as fickle as the others, Thanks for stopping by today, Richard from My Old Historic house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an antique Ingraham mantle clock. It needs to be set every other day and I just don't have the "time" for that! LOL!! Yours is beautiful.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a mantle clock like yours as well. I just love that "gong" when it sounds the hour! I love all things vintage, and I'm so glad to have found your blog.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely items my dear...I love them both...thank you for sharing ..Janice

    ReplyDelete